Sunday, September 11, 2011

logos, invitations, venues & life

Ahhh it has been SO super long since I have updated.  Not to worry, it's because things have been a bit crazy since August 4th apparently (the last time I updated?!  oops!)

I've been working like crazy on our invitation suite.  We had a bit of a mishap earlier this week (having to do with someone pressing a button titled "OK, PLEASE DELETE EVERY FILE FROM THIS COMPUTER, THUSLY STARTING ANEW")  Hours of work.  Gone.

Well, the "person" (we won't name names, only because this "person" seems to think "they" did nothing but click "ok, sure, how 'bout a little restart?")  Meanwhile, "someone else" (maybe me) was trying to google "WTF DOES THIS POPUP MEAN AND OHMYGOD ARE WE ALL GONNA DIE?!!"  Needless to say, yet another hash mark added to the "do not do any design work -- I MEAN ANY DESIGN WORK UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE on a PC, kthanks" column on why to buy a mac.  But I digress, and all was brought back to life by a stroke of genius due to my amazing and oh-so-smart fiance (fiance still sounds weird.)

I have to say, I'm pretty impressed on how it is turning out.  I bought some card stock yesterday to  start printing the save-the-dates, and even B said "whoa, I totally didn't expect it to look THAT good/professional!"  (Ha, um, thanks?)

Here's a little peek for you (it is the logo):




Whadya think?  The "&" is kind of coming across hot pink, but prints more "vibrant coral."  I'm pretty proud.

With any luck, the save-the-dates will be printed/addressed this week (fingers really REALLY crossed here) and get in the mail next week.

Onto my next topic, the dress.  See, everyone came with me to go dress shopping earlier in July (as evidenced by a few posts below this one).  It was AWESOME.  I found what I thought was "The Dress."  So after some thought and deliberation (and lots of looking at real wedding pictures of other girls wearing "The Dress")  I decided to go a different route.  "The Dress" ended up looking like a hunk of crinkly wrinkled (or crwinkled...wrcrinkled?...) fabric that I would probably cut and wear to work sometime in photos.  Me, the ever-so-non-traditionalist, decided it might be a good idea to look online at other options, and if I could get a super sweet deal on it, I would just buy, try, and return if I didn't like it.  (J. Crew happens to have an incredible return policy on their wedding dresses.)  I fell in love with a dress I found on eBay of all places.  And it happened to be a discontinued J. Crew dress, so no return policy there.  I was able to haggle the seller down (gotta love the "make an offer" tab) and bought it.  Sight unseen, never tried on, nothing.  My mom asked me ever-so-eloquently "Are you crazy!??"  Fast forward a couple of days, and it is in my hands.  The most elegant fabric, beautifully designed piece of wedding artwork I have ever seen.  I love this dress.  Added bonus, it has pockets (score!), is super flattering, and so comfortable...oh and non-wrinkleable!!!  I really can't wait to walk down the aisle in it.  I am so excited to show it to everyone.

So that's it for the night.  It's all I have in me.  I will go over the venue I booked this week as well, the ring we bought for B, as well as some little cute design inspiration I've come across this week in the next couple of days.  It's all starting to slowly fashion it's way into a real-life wedding, and I'm getting pretty ecstatic about how everything is turning out.

Nighty night.



1 comment:

  1. March can not come soon enough. I am so excited! For now- we will count down til November.

    ReplyDelete